The North Providence Police Department is currently accepting applications to develop a list of eligible candidates for future employment as a Probationary Police Officer. All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and at least 21 years of age
- Must possess an Associate’s Degree or 60 credits from an accredited college or university
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must complete and pass other applicable requirements as set forth in the recruitment process
- Must not have any tattoos or other body art which is visible while in uniform or on duty while not in uniform
- $50.00 application fee due when applying to the department. This fee may be waived if financial need criteria is met.
Starting salary for the position of Patrol Officer is $49,461.05 with a comprehensive benefit package. Any person who has previously applied with the department must re-apply. Application cards may be obtained at the North Providence Police Department, 1967 Mineral Spring Avenue, North Providence, RI, or online at nppolice.com, and must be returned no later than 1:00 p.m., December 21, 2017. The North Providence Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.