Welcome to the North Providence Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this Citizens Online Police Reporting System allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the Town of North Providence.
- There are no known suspects.
- This did not occur on a state highway.
If you answered YES to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered NO to any of the questions above please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section below.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the North Providence Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report several types of incidents.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on “Select Incident Type” on the following screen.
|Theft From Vehicle
|Fraudulent Use of Credit Card
|Theft of Mail/Package
|Harassing Phone Calls
|Theft of Vehicle Parts
|Vandalism to Motor Vehicle
|Vehicle Damage Due to Road Condition
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list above, please call the North Providence Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 401-233-1433) to file your report.
You may also report the following hazards or information and requests for service through our online reporting system:
Question What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 401-233-1433.
Question What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
Answer No, if a crime took place outside of the Town of North Providence, please call the police department for that city.
Question What if this happened on a state roadway?
Answer If this took place on a state roadway please call the Rhode Island State Police office nearest you.
Question What is a known suspect?
Answer A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.