North Providence Police Official Facebook Page
This is the official Facebook page of the North Providence Police. This page was created by the Division to provide people who live in the Town of North Providence or others with interest in the North Providence Police, with information about the Division, and to facilitate the exchange of information with the public at large. To promote such exchange the Division encourages and welcomes comments from the general public about issues related to law enforcement in North Providence. With that said, however, please note that this is neither a public forum nor a means to report a crime.
If you have an emergency, immediately call 9-1-1. Please do not use social media to report criminal activity or an emergency. To report a crime, call the North Providence Police at (401) 231-4533.
Comments and Posting Policies
The North Providence Police manages this page as a limited public forum and therefore the following conditions apply. Posting, commenting or messaging on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
The North Providence Police reserves the right to regulate the content of, and where necessary delete completely, any comments deemed objectionable or inappropriate on its page. Comments that are threatening in nature will be reported. The North Providence Police reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone as determined by the administrator of the page.
To that end, the North Providence Police will remove as soon as feasible any posting that involves:
- Solicitations or advertisements of any kind. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, non-governmental agency, or political party, as well as attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial, non-governmental agency, or political party.
- Profane language or content.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, class, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, and status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or other classification.
- Explicit or implied sexual content.
- Conduct implying, promoting, or encouraging illegal activity.
- Information that might compromise the safety or security of the public.
- Any other posting that, by its nature or content, might harm public welfare.
- Personal attacks of any kind, to include content that is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass.
- False information.
- Threats or defamation of any person or organization.
- Support or opposition to political candidates, political organizations, or ballot propositions.
- Infringement upon or violation of the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of any person.
- Content that contains any personal or sensitive information (phone numbers, email or postal addresses).
- Misrepresentation of your identity or affiliation.
- Impersonating others.
- Posting links to other sites.
Apparent spam will be removed and may cause the author(s) to be blocked from the page without notice.
The North Providence Police is responsible for monitoring all postings to its Facebook page and may take appropriate action whenever necessary. At its sole discretion, it will take action necessary to protect other visitors to the page from inappropriate or otherwise harmful information and links.
The North Providence Police recognizes that social media tools are available 24 hours a day and comments are welcomed at any time. However, the moderation and management of comments is performed by members of the North Providence Police and occurs during regular business hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST, or when possible.
Public comments made on this page are not official communications with the North Providence Police. Comments posted by others on the North Providence Police Facebook page are not to be considered the opinion of the North Providence Police; nor does the North Providence Police endorse any third-party comments on this page. All content on this page is subject to Rhode Island Public Records Laws. All content posted on the North Providence Police Facebook page is subject to public disclosure. You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided.
The North Providence Police does not allow posting of photos or videos by anyone other than members of the Division. If you have photos or videos you would like to share, please private message us.
Endorsements, Advertisements and Links
The information provided on this page as well as the appearance of external links to other related websites or pages on this site in no manner do they constitute official endorsement, recommendation, or approval of any person, any organization, any product, or any service continued on any other website on behalf of the North Providence Police. Any references to commercial entities, products, services, or other non-governmental organizations or individuals named on this page are provided solely for informational purposes. Such references are not an official or personal endorsement by the North Providence Police of any product, person, or service. The opinions expressed by visitors to this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the North Providence Police. “Friending” between members of the North Providence Police and a citizen does not indicate endorsement of that person’s actions or comments.